Why Choose Onslow Animal Hospital
Accredited by the AAHA for 25 Years
The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) is the only organization that accredits companion animal veterinary hospitals in North America. To become accredited by AAHA, our hospital must demonstrate an exceptional level of medical care and client services and be measured against the most rigorous standards in the veterinary industry.
During the accreditation process, an experienced AAHA accreditation consultant visits our hospital, thoroughly examining our:
- Surgical suites
- Exam rooms
- Medical records
The consultant evaluates us on approximately 900 standards that directly correlate to the quality of care we are providing for your pet. For more information about pet health care or AAHA accreditation, ask a member of our team or visit aaha.org.
The AAHA Standards of Accreditation covers these and 900 other policies:
- Our team members are regularly trained in pet CPR so they can act quickly if your pet faces an emergency.
- We provide nutritional assessments and counseling to help you make informed decisions about your pet’s diet.
- Dental procedures are performed by trained team members who follow the highest standards of dental care for your pet.
- Our team is always up to date and trained on the latest veterinary best practices in caring for your pet.
- A practice team member will be dedicated to monitoring your pet while he or she is under anesthesia.
- We consider pain assessments and control a valuable part of your pet’s visit, which helps promote faster healing and comfort.
Onslow Animal Hospital, we hold ourselves to a higher standard than other veterinary hospitals.
Pets are our passion and keeping them healthy is our highest priority.
We strive to deliver excellent care because your pets deserve nothing
less. Only about 12% of animal hospitals in the U.S. and Canada are accredited
by AAHA, and we’re proud to say that we have been one of them for
over two decades.
Book a veterinary appointment for your pet today by calling us at (910) 839-5985 or filling out our online form.
Why People Trust Onslow Animal Hospital
AAHA Accredited for 25 Years
In-House Laboratory, Radiology Department, Surgery Suite and Pharmacy
Over 40 Years of Experience
“All of the staff were caring and compassionate, they made me feel comfortable leaving him in their care and seemed to love him as their own.”- Taylor B.
“hey took care of everything. Thanks for being kind and considerate. I don’t have to remember the bad memories, just the good. Thanks for your compassion.”- Tammy E.
“Had to take my dog to Jacksonville 's Emergency Clinic and Dr. Seegog was the Vet that treated him. He was so so caring and knowledgeable. I was so impressed I am using him as my Vet.”- Ruth M.